Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-16, 13:44   Link #8783
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I like to think I'm over him. But I've more or less accepted that isn't the case, and that I'm still a little bit in love with him, even after two years and knowing we'll never have another shot. I guess I'm just nervous because we never had any real resolution over what happened; he only saw me as a best friend, and I never told him anything about my true feelings, and by the time we graduated it was so strained that our friendship just kind of died. It's been two years and just the thought of seeing him again makes my chest ache.
Bwah.
A little story of little zebes:
The first guy I really dated was just as stubborn and immature as me, so things ended very bad and awkwardly. He immediately hooked up with someone else (I have the suspicion they already saw each other when we were still together). Two years later they were married and a little family (she already had a child and they had another one together). I had no hard feelings when learning that, even so it was weird. I already knew he had a strong wish for children and family. I wished him the best and thought "Thank god, I'm fine with it."

But then I ran into him. And he was together with the little girl. He looked just as shocked as me. We didn't talk, we just looked at each other like deers. I felt like running away and I just felt aweful.

I was over him, but running into him unexpectedly brought so many things to the surface, how we parted in anger and never reall talked, didn't stay in touch. Uncertainity is what I hate the most and he was pretty much the embodiment of it, because there were so many things I didn't know.
I regret that I never talked to him.

Beams, you have one big advantage: You know that he'll be there.
Make the best of it. Be nice, be friendly, be like you want to be - be comfortable with yourself. Avoid being entirely alone at first.
But I'd try to talk to him and see how it is. It's a nice oppurtunity; you did get along after all.
Nothing to loose really. Just keep in mind that his heart is already somewhere else. As much as it might bother you -- but knowing you, you'll be nobel about it anyway.

(.. I was actually thinking about posting something that's bothering me a little, but enough for today XD)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote