View Single Post
Old 2013-04-27, 21:49   Link #3961
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
mmm... wonder if I should call the novelizations of kamen rider proper novels or LNs...
- LNs, pretty much. Yes, I know--even if some of the novels (Faiz) were very dark. It's still a "Novelization of a Popular Series". Again, going back to the Star Wars/Star Trek/Doctor Who argument.

Who the Author is and what his style is like may affect it as well. Unicorn's writer Harutoshi Fukui had two previous novels that were turned into movies (Aimless Aegis, Lorelei), and those were considered proper novels. Unicorn has the same style but since it's a Gundam work, it's considered a Light Novel.

On the other hand, Izuru's previous work was in the VN industry. And obviously we've seen his style of writing. Even though IS is an original work, I don't think anyone is going to consider it a proper novel.

There's also a third angle to this: I think who the Publisher is has an effect as well? Think of it like the difference between having your work published by Del Rey (A Major SF/Fantasy publisher) or by a local unknown publishing house.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote