View Single Post
Old 2004-09-18, 02:33   Link #59
markybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604
any of u who actually got or is thinking of geting a tattoo that is from an anime. im sorry but thats sad

Actually it's personal prefrence. Just because you dont view anime the way someone else does, doesnt mean that it becomes a stupid subject to use as a theme for a tattoo.

Hell I dont think dancing hula girls or the tasmanian devil is very cool, but I wont criticize someone elses choices/reasons for it.

I actually have a complete sleeve on one arm that has cherry blosoms, wind bars, with anime and manga blended in.

Heres a pic:

Of course I happen to have a world famous tattoo artist working down here in hawaii who moved from New York. Otherwise I wouldnt let anyone "attempt" to tattoo such fine art on me.

I chose anime for a couple of reasons:

1) I grew up with it from the akira days

2) It has had a heavy influence on my deciding to become a digital artist focusing now on 3D design.

3) I love anime =P

As for the earlier comment about girls not liking it.....More girls come up to me to ask about it. In fact it is just an easy thing to use to get a conversation going.

20 years from now? I'll be almost 50 thinking back about all the girls I have banged in my youth....Im not gonna be thinkin bout a decision to get a tattoo. In fact why think back or regret at all? Just live your life.

And finally back to the original topic: I have one area on my arm left undone, Im thinkin about putting this image of Kakashi--------->