View Single Post
Old 2013-04-01, 05:43   Link #1056
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Hey, so I'm watching the movie on Youtube. No subtitles, but would I honestly need them?

So, Yuuno casts an all-new spell: Caging Circle!

...I'm not sure what to think. It seems to incidentally wipe out a number of the Beast's tentacles just in getting set up, but it's not clear WHY. Is getting hit by this thing like getting hit with a Divine Buster? Given how the screen subtly shakes with each obliteration, there's clearly some force behind the ring's closure. But if so, why couldn't Yuuno cast a Divine Buster?
It's a bind spell. A powerful one, but still a bind spell. Given how the various different types of spells have all shown people having shown talent for them ranging from genius level to "why bother?" the structure of a bind spell is completely different from a shooting spell like Divine Buster.

Kind of like how someone good at running isn't automatically good at other sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
So maybe the Caging Circle was really powerful in the specific task of "keep the target from leaving the circle" while otherwise powerless to prevent the target from moving in any other way?
That would fit with its name, yes. A cage does not prevent its occupant from moving, it just prevents it from leaving it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote