View Single Post
Old 2012-11-29, 02:26   Link #101
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
The trip was also totally mishandled by Touka. She already enlisted Yuuta so she won't have to deal with Rikka as much, but she's still handling the situation very poorly, and at the end she's just beating up Rikka once again. It was good that Yuuta steeped in to stop the beating, who knows how long Touka would've still continued it.
Understandably, Rikka can't bear it anymore and runs away. It's good that Yuuta went after her and consoled her, before she could have a breakdown or do something stupid.
I hope the relationship between Rikka and Yuuta gets ever more intense, Rikka really deserves it after all her hardship. More time with Yuuta means also she's away from Touka more, which is just all the better for Rikka.
Ehh.... I agree that Touka isn't handling the situation with Rikka as well as she could (but it's not like life comes with a manual on how to handle teenagers, particularly when she's been thrust into this guardian role unprepared). But, I don't think I would portray Touka's actions as "beatings" though. Rikka is absolutely not a "battered child", and she is not under any sort of physical threat.

The main "battle" going on here is really emotional -- a struggle between Rikka's escapist self-fiction and Touka's cold hard reality. Yuuta's approach is more of a middle ground that reflects the fact that everyone grieves differently, and that forcing Rikka to grow up is only going to push her away or cause her to withdraw further. Yuuta isn't trying to pry Rikka away from Touka, but to help her ultimately reconcile with her and with reality. He's being the mediator that can see both sides of the issue, but is siding a bit more with Rikka for obvious reasons.