Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 23:18   Link #21980
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well, the relationships in R+V are kinda complex. It's really hard to predict if it's going to be a end couple or a harem ending or just left open ended. Personally I think Ikeda has placed Tsukune in a rather difficult position. While it's obvious Tsukune loves Moka, he also cares deeply for the other girls, while at the same time make the other girls so deeply in love with Tsukune (particularly Kurumu and Mizore) that it would be half ass for them to simply give up on Tsukune. It also makes it that much more difficult that Kurumu would literally die without having her love reciprocated.
Well, I agree with you that Tsukune's situation is a little complicated.

Regarding the open ending, well I would feel a little cheated, if Ikeda ended it like that, since relationships are a pretty important part of this manga, so I don't think that Ikeda should leave that matter without a conclusion... while a harem ending, was already suggested in chapter 23 of the Second Season, and both Tsukune and Moka waren't especially happy about this solution.

And on the matter of Kurumu dying if her love isin't reciprocated, well personally I'm not buying it - I know it kind of fits with the general discription of the Succubus race, but on the other hand, up till now Tsukune hadn't been concentrating much on reciprocating Kurumu's feelings torword him - I mean she has witnessed Tsukune "confessing" his love to Moka two times now - the first one occured in the first season where Tsukune asked Inner Moka to stay with him forever, after the mess with Mako, and the second one occured when Tsukune has been within the Rosario, and confessed to the "memory" of Outer Moka. And let's not mention chapter 17 of the Second Season, which has been another "heartbreaking moment" for Kurumu.

Now, don't tell me that after (acidentially) treating her to something like this, Tsukune is actually reciporating her feelings, since in my opinion he's actually doing the oposite of that...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote