View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 14:03   Link #371
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's the kind of anime where someone gets in trouble and someone rides to the rescue. I suppose they could have put Kirito in a cage and have Asuna rescue him, but then they'd have been charged with emasculating him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Honestly, given that the theme of the episode was "Kirito is useless in real life", I don't see how it could possibly be implied that Asuna's in trouble simply because he wasn't there. If anything, it's implied that she's in trouble despite him being there.
It's interesting to put your two posts together. Really, both of them are trapped in opposite "dimensions". Kazuto may be "free" in the real world, but as long Asuna isn't there (and she's out there somewhere), he isn't really free -- his "heart" is still trapped in SAO, just like in that opening dream (until it came crashing to a halt). I'd say that was really the main theme of the episode -- not so much that "Kirito is useless in real life" (though he may be), but that neither of them are free yet. I think Kirito would rather be trapped along side her than "free" in the real world without her (but, obviously, better still if they could both be set free).