View Single Post
Old 2006-12-05, 11:58   Link #23
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmackerel View Post
Heh, I bet Zero's calm because he'll able to deploy his queen for that battle... I'm also hoping that it's stronger than the Lancelot.
Although it's one of my most fervent hopes, I'm afraid that dream won't come true - unless, of course, Suzaku is badly surprised about Crimson Lotus-2 being on par with the technically superior KF Lancelot is touted to be, at least unsettled long enough to give Karen an opening and damage Lancelot.

From the looks of it, Lancelot has an upper hand thanks to its beam shield and Slash Harkens (wired rocket anchors) but I guess the CL-2 must also pack a LOT of punch with that clawed hand - perhaps enough to shear the Lancelot's Slash Harkens off their wires and force Suzaku back for a while. I hope for a handheld rifle or some equipment powerful enough to counter the new Maser Vibration Swords but as I said above, the deciding factor will mostly be the surprise effect. Other than that, there is also the possibility that Suzaku MIGHT NOT be dispatched to the JLF's hideout for the mop-up battle and he'll most likely watch it from TV while Lloyd loudly giggles in the background at the appearance of an opponent worthy of Lancelot.

In any case, I believe the CL-2's (dramatic) appearance will be enough to jeopardize the entire wipeout operation Britannia engaged against the JLF and draw the world's attention on Japan and Zero's fight. One question left unanswered, though, is where does the CL-2 come from - did the JLF build it or did Zero once again use his power of Geass on some private engineering division? Because if the JLF happens to be the builder (which seems likely), then it means Zero and co. would have to reach the JLF base, sneak in (which is no small task) then sneak out presumably using Kallen's rampage as cover.

Ah, the wonders of speculation and realism...