View Single Post
Old 2009-02-20, 13:43   Link #1052
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Overreacting a bit?
Not really

I mean how many times did a character do something that no sane human being would do in a series that is supposed to be serious (and the episode even had serious parts in it).

Except for about 2 minutes Anya was out of character for the entire episode, Anya isn't an insane moron so I don't understand why this episode would treat her like one.

Sayoko is the same way, Sayoko is not a moron so her actions in this episode are completely out of character. "Lelouch gets winded after running a block so let's jump 20 feet in the air while making poses" Both of them showed the intelligence of Ralph Wiggum.

How the hell can I possible give a crap about the episode if Anya is in a giant mecha trying to grab Lelouch? I mean whose bright idea was it to include an episode that looks like its from a different series.

This is really my biggest problem with the Ashford episodes in season 2, frequently to get jokes, they have the cast act out of character. Compare that to Fullmetal Alchemist where the jokes are always in character since Arakawa made sure that her cast always had comedic partners.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote