View Single Post
Old 2004-01-28, 04:12   Link #10
Scythe

I posted this in another thread but I'm just going to basically copy and paste this because I am not re-typing it.

Naruto -- Good, steady storyline with alot of action to keep the plot moving forward. It does lag in places, especially starting around episode 39 and above. The speed picks back up now and then though as the episodes go along.

Slayers -- Comedy, action, this anime has it all. There's three seasons and three movies. The only thing they both share is the name and the main character: Lina Inverse. Other then that, the movies and the series are different. This anime rarely slows down and it will you crying from laughing so hard in places.

Card Captor Sakura -- This one proves that not all animes need villians to be well made. It's more shoujo then the other two I mentioned but it is a very well scripted anime. There's 70 episodes plus two movies. The last movie: Sakura and the Enchanted Card is a perfect ending to an already wonderful anime.

Saber Marionette J -- Highly funny. I suggest this one if you love comedy. It doesn't really have the same blend of action/comedy that Slayers does but this one is literally pure comedy. It's different from the others, focusing on a world where male clones are the only ones who exist. There is no females and the only females are called Marionette dolls. They're very rare but one boy finds one named Lime in a capsule and she becomes attached to him. Alot of insanity occurs afterwards.

Vision of Escaflowne -- One of the first animes that I watched completely through. Twenty-six episodes and a movie that was a remake of the anime. Go with the anime series, ignore the movie for now. The series is crafted perfectly. It has mecha, comedy, romance, action, you name it. Now, the romance usually would bother me because I'm not really into that but how they did it here was very nice. It was a gradual climb towards it. It wasn't rushed or anything. The mecha fighting scenes are much better then the Gundam ones.

Hikaru no Go -- I haven't seen or read much of this anime but it looks very interesting. I suggest that you give it a try.