View Single Post
Old 2013-09-24, 03:26   Link #77
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
accel world i stop watching because of the mc. he was just to pathetic. he would cry every episode.
His character was actually my biggest compliment for Accel World after not having completed it for a long time for that exact reason.

In fact, I believe I used the phrase "one of if not the best main character I've had the pleasure of watching in years."

On a strange note, there was one thing about Bleach that I really liked. Rukia Kuchiki wasn't a particularly interesting character for the majority of the series, as she spent most of it being ignored in various ways. She doesn't even do combat for at least a hundred episodes after the very first. Despite the fact, I liked her character. There were aspects to her that I found rather intriguing and her zanyness and comedic timing made that otherwise barely bearable series a bit more enjoyable. Also, when she finally did fight I was pretty much blown away. All that waiting and she was actually impressive, and all I could really do was curse Tite Kubo for expanding her character so nicely far too late into the series. Subpar authoring is subpar though, so what can you do?

Similarly Hinata won Naruto over for me for, more or less, the same reason. When she finally participated in the tournament it was a crowning moment of pure badass. She only gets better from there. Unfortunately neither her or Rukia really justified carrying through either series. I give both series praise for these characters though.

If I haven't said it already, Ranka Lee from Macross Frontier was such an unbearable string of obscenities. I think I actually harbor the most hatred for her over any other character. Mainly due to her "never gonna give you up" third-wheel-in-the-love-triangle tenacity, which is a surefire way to make me hate a character. Hey, if it's a yandere it works because they're obsessive and nuts. When it's a normal character who just can't give it up (especially if they know full well they've already lost and keep trying), it murders my mind (this is why I have yet to finish Shana).