Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-05, 02:25   Link #2524
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah but if he DID become a Hunter then he would be strong enough to surive Razor so that point is moot as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Sure, but we weren't discussing Gon's feelings. I mean, yeah, Gon's a freak who likes having someone powerful try to kill him. It's not like Ging could count on that when he abandoned him.
He is Ging's son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... have you considered all the flukes of chance necessary for Gon to survive his meeting with Razor? He could easily have been strong enough to get to the dodge-ball game, but not enough to live through it (which, I'd like to point out, he hasn't done yet). Especially as it doesn't depend purely on him but on his companions as well.

No, I really don't. Ging didn't beyond a general "do what you want and take the consequences".
You can argue the nonsensicalness all you want, but the fact remains is that "He does not care if his own son dies." is NOT the case. He honestly believes that he won't die. Just because "he couldn't possibly know this", only makes him reckless and pretty much a failure at being a dad (which is what NO ONE is arguing against), it does NOT make him uncaring.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote