View Single Post
Old 2007-04-15, 23:26   Link #5
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Ok, that gives me a better idea of what you seek...

Romance, but no action: REC (I liked it, and it's generally well-regarded) [Rating: 7]

Romance/Action/Ecchi: Mahoromatic (I should have thought of that earlier!) That's almost like a cross between Love Hina and Chrono Crusade... maybe? [Rating: 8]

Romance/Comedy/Ecchi: He Is My Master - a unique harem that has a dominant, not wimpy, male [Rating: 7]

Romance/Comedy/Ecchi/Martial Arts: Sumomo mo momomo - Unlicensed, still airing, and similar to Rizelmine [Rating: 7]

Romance/Action/Ecchi/Sci-Fi: Tenchi Muyo. The first 2 OVAs and the first movie are generally considered 'good', but IMO stay away from OVA3 and TV series after the first one. [Rating: 8]

Romance/Action/Comedy/Ecchi: Inukami! - Still unlicensed (I think), and pretty good. Beware that it does have some (censored) male nudity, but it's all for comic effect. [Rating: 7]

Romance/Action/Drama: Vision of Escaflowne (TV, not movie) - Maaya Sakamoto's debut, with exceptional music, to boot. Think 12 Kingdoms meets Gundam. [Rating: 9]

Romance/Action/Comedy/Drama/Sci-Fi: Stellvia and Nadesico. Both are really good. Stellvia has a stronger romance element, and Nadesico has a stronger comedy element. [Rating: 8 and 9]

Romance/Drama/Comedy: Kasimasi - Girl Meets Girl. Surprisingly dramatic for a "Boy transformed into girl by aliens" plot. [Rating: 7]

P.S. I've add my ratings on AnimeNewsNetwork's 1-10 scale, for reference.

Last edited by Saber Cherry; 2007-04-15 at 23:39. Reason: Added my ratings