View Single Post
Old 2007-05-30, 15:51   Link #45
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
So, what, the OVA is serious straight-laced Great Robot style mecha? With MANLYNESS and ANGST?
Well, no. It's not suddenly turned into GaoGaiGar or anything. It's more like Macross Zero in tone and construction, although without the massive amounts of environmental stuff (although there is a little!). There is a bit of manly screaming, but it's not even particularly overblown or anything now; it's just...serious.

The more I think about Wings of Betrayal (incidentally, the OVA series should really just be called Aquarion - there's a different "sou" kanji in "sousei" which obviously doesn't translate well to English, and the second episode will be called Wings of Glory) the more I like it, actually. It's more like what I expected Aquarion to be when it first started airing; Apollo, for example, isn't really that different a character, but his traits are made to fit in better with the tone of the show. I'm going to have to go into spoilers to really talk about the OVA to try and get across what I mean and how it affects the tone of the show...

Spoiler:

Perhaps I'm being blinded by my love for all things Kawamori, but I do think it's worth giving the OVA a shot even without the spazz. it's not the same, sure, but I do think it's an interesting take on the Aquarion story and it's far from being a trainwreck.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote