View Single Post
Old 2011-08-22, 07:50   Link #35
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'm still glad that the sales of Hanasaku Iroha seem to be good enough so that while it hasn't been a critical success it won't end up a commercial disaster.
IIRC, HSI Volume 1 has sold over 10k DVDs/Bluray, so that's definitely a commercial success imo. Also, HSI characters raped Japan Saimoe Preliminary rounds with 3 characters going through the main stages.

Quote:
Because I'm got quite a few Mangas in mind that could use their godly animation and as long as you follow the source people wouldn't complain about the plot.
This is a good point. Perhaps P A should take an adaptation route so they don't "fail" so much with pacing and consistently but still maintain their excellent animation quality. Still going to need a good director/series composer to make sure they adapt it well though.

Quote:
And Canaan was originaly presented as adaptation of the game "428" until it was revealed it would be completely original story.
I heard that it was the sequel to that Type-Moon game, so in a way it's an original story and in a way it's not. But hey, at least it's MUCH better than DEEN's adaptation of Type-Moon's work (See UBW )

Quote:
PS:I actually really like Hanasaku Iroha
I actually like it too (though probably not as much as you), but I'm just more bummed that it did not reach the potential I would like to have seen. The first two episodes and the Satsuki/Tokyo arc really showed how good HSI can be if it tries.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote