View Single Post
Old 2007-06-01, 19:39   Link #187
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I've bought Newtype for years and always skipped the postcard section. However, I've stopped buying the magazine after getting sick of their stupid Gundam fascination.
Quoted for irony.

As for this episode (since I apparently forgot to write about it earlier)...

This episode is one where, in my opinion, they have all the timing nailed. I complained about it a lot before, but I can't complain about it here. They're doing a great job.

The overall pacing took a turn for the odd for me, but I won't complain too much, because this show is about the small moments. When they can combine the consistent timing of this episode with the overall pacing of episode 6, they'll really have things down. It's just marvelous in the meantime, though.

One note on oddity: I think the first scene with the four girls at school is a good example of how they occasionally overdo the music cuts for effect. I think this scene would have worked better had they not dropped the music as much (or at least as abruptly).

Standout moments:
- The opening scene, just because of the tone of Konata's reaction.
- Kagami winning her event.
- Konatai's visualization.
- Determined Miyuki. I don't know why I love it. I just do.