View Single Post
Old 2009-08-19, 21:38   Link #4
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
With respect, I am no expert on Heracles however, I know enough to completely and absolutely disagree!

Heracles was an absolute hero! He was like the hero of heros! I do not believe his integrity was ever jeopardised?

Itachi, on the other hand abused his powers for purposes for other than good many a time!

In my opinion, Itachi was no hero! I'm not saying he was evil but the guy obviously had some issues!

If Itachi was such a hero his clan would still be alive and Sasuke wouldn't be so fucked up!
Uh he killed his own wife and child. He performed the twelve labors as a form of repentance for the tragedy. Not to mention the number of other people he accidentally kills, some just because he can't control his monstrous strength like if Superman let out a sneeze.

And uh.. are you up to date in the manga? Everything Itachi did, he did for Konoha. Which is why I call him a tragic hero - because although he committed some unspeakable acts, he did so out of necessity in his own mind and for a greater good.