View Single Post
Old 2011-12-18, 20:49   Link #60
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Oh boy, here we go. First people complain about how they don't want to see the AGE Builder being used to solve every problem, and now someone is complaining it's not being used enough?
Gotta complain about something, this is a Gundam show after all.

Personally I've always found it highly amusing when the fandom contradicts itself like this though. The rush to find faults is so overwhelming with some that this actually happens quite often where you get what amounts to two way bitching. For example I remember when 00 Second Season (the worst show ever made while it was airing apparently) was airing there was this one blogger I used to argue with a lot called Crusader and during the beginning of the season he insisted that the show wouldn't be so apparently terrible if they'd just show why exactly the A-LAWS should be considered a threat and why Celestial Being should be portrayed as having the high ground. Then when they were revealed to be the AU's version of the Titans he immediately switched gears and insisted that the show was apparently terrible because the villains were "cartoon evil" and thus too much of a foil for Celestial Being. I called him out on this and he really didn't seem to have an answer other than to put words in my mouth and well...the rest is history, but the point is that it's not like contradicting oneself is going to stand in the way of people finding something to take umbrage with about whatever Gundam work is airing.

Also I count that the AGE system has been used 4 times by now, which seems like a pretty reasonable balance to me, but of course you know that if it were to have been used every episode or something it would result in a shitstorm as well. Just another example of damned if you do damned if you don't when it comes to Gundam. Also if it were used to give all the Genoaces weapons that could defeat the UE you can be damn sure you'd have dozens of angry fanboys screaming "HAX!" all over the internet. As Realist Classic says, really can't be helped with this fandom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy
Every female cyber/Newtype dies in Gundam.
Errr...Louise Halevy was kind of the Cyber/Newtype of 00 and she didn't die even though she was marked for death pretty close to the final arc. Also there was Soma Peries who got to do what most female newtype pilots on the opposing side can only dream and switch sides to be with her beau. Not calling this a trendsetter, but it's a definite counterexample.

Also there's Sayla, Berah Ronah, Shakti Kareen and Tiffa Adill who all can be described as female newtypes of their series and none of them died, so it's probably more like a 50/50 thing. It's kind of like the female equivalent of a sempai character, you kind of expect them to die, but sometimes they don't.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote