View Single Post
Old 2010-05-31, 21:32   Link #3173
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm at the beginning and a question pops in my mind. Concenring the super sonic bomber of gakentoshi.

80 meters in length is long? right? for a jet bomber? or is it short? and it's around 2500 KM per hour though I'm not sure about KM because I think I just read kilos but that doesn't make sense so I think thats kilometer per hour.

Now a question about this bomber plane. Because I'm not to familiar with military aircraft stuffs.

Is a 80 M long (maybe it's the width) and 25-30 meters in length (from front to back?) and with a speed of 2500 km per hour with a maximum of around 7000 Kmph. Is it technically fast and strong?
80 meters in length is almost twice as long as any strategic bombers in the world. Name any: the American B-52 Stratofortress, the Russian's Tu-95 and Tu-160... AC's bomber is nearly twice the size of any of these planes.

In fact it is a bit too large that its speed would mean it has enough power to race against our real-world fastest fighter planes, and as such is even faster than a regular hypersonic cruise missile. And with its speed alone it looks like sonic booms caused by it can cause some real danger to things around it...

EDIT: I think it's either me or you got the dimensions wrong, but if I'm wrong then I'm somehow thinking for a plane its size (slightly longer than the B-2 Spirit yet with a wingspan TWICE the length of any existing bombers)... with those speeds it is very, very powerful - that it's too baffling. I'm thinking the author might be thinking something like this: "Hey, let's make a cool plane like this in the story. Never mind the physics, as long as its cool!" << joke quote

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2010-06-01 at 21:40. Reason: uh I missed something...