View Single Post
Old 2011-07-20, 19:05   Link #307
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantuyetmai View Post
Now in Sayaka's case, my personal education and conviction told me to despite those who judge people, those who is too stubborn to the point of forgetting everyone else, and those who don't value themselves (and those who are petty too).
You know, these exact same criticisms could arguably be applied to Homura.

Homura could be pretty quick to judge someone as idiotic or foolish (she made such insults of Madoka at least once or twice), she was stubbornly dedicated to saving Madoka (arguably to the point of forgetting all the other Puella Magis), and she was willing to sacrifice her own well-being for Madoka's sake (which you could say is a case of her "not valuing herself" enough).

Do you hate Homura too?

Hate is a strong word.

I can understand someone disliking Sayaka (even though I myself like her a lot, and find her to be a mostly admirable character), but to outright hate her seems excessive, and yes, unjustified, to me.

Quote:
In other words, there're just some kind of people whom I wouldn't want to associate with no matter what.
The same is true for me. But I don't outright hate all such people either.

Somebody would have to be a very mean and nasty individual before I would even consider outright hating them.

Quote:
Sayaka is not a horrible person, in fact she wanted to do good and she has the courage to do good. I empathize that she was only 14, was hit with multiple hard truths,
And that's why I don't think that the hatred that Sayaka has received is justified.