View Single Post
Old 2009-04-17, 15:17   Link #280
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I would never deny my past no matter the situation I respect this series because it was not only an introduction to anime as a whole for me but it set a standard for me as well. Although I do have to admit that my taste in anime has changed of course considering my personal changes. I'm more into drama/tragedy/romance now than I was back then. In the DBZ days I was a lot more into the action shows but that's long past.

Still DBZ had some of the most amazing plot twists and death scenes that impacted me pretty well back in the days and I miss that. I'm reliving my childhood here I get a nostalgic feeling watching Kai now and I'm glad that they decided to skip the unnecessary fillers and get right into the main plot. Good times, good times.
Same here. DBZ really set the bar for me because it was the first anime that I really got into and watched in its entirety. It had everything for us to enjoy in our youthful days; a great likable cast of characters (there was someone to be liked by everyone out there), crazy fighting scenes, and of course a great plot. I remember how I always craved to see more whenever the narrator said "Stay tuned for scenes from the next episode of Dragon Ball Z". After all these years, this series just hasn't lost its magic, for I can just never get enough of it. Akira Toriyama has delivered to us a masterpiece.