View Single Post
Old 2008-12-26, 07:15   Link #36
Itlandm
Porcupine

To those who are surprised by the drama in a comedy series: Welcome to the wonderful world of anime! I hope you enjoy your first romantic comedy, because they are nearly all like this: Hints of a plot, then lots and lots of character-centered comedy, a short but intense drama, and finally a resolution or reset.

This particular episode gave me some heavy flashbacks to Final Approach, so I would not be surprised if we see a similar ending. There isn't time to pull a Pita Ten, I'm afraid, although I believed it for a moment when Jin started to wonder if Nagi had even been there. Most likely we'll get some kind of reset though, to open for a possible future Kannagi 2. (Since there is still some unused manga and may be much more if the mangaka recovers.)

I think the high production quality really came in handy to convey the depth of emotion in this episode. Even though very little was said, especially in the second half, and the little that was said was mostly very ordinary, I could still sense the growing despair as Jin realized that he may have lost someone he loved without knowing it. And it is all his fault.