View Single Post
Old 2006-10-20, 16:55   Link #8
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Sadly, that's how things are in this section.

My suggestion is to simply "keep doing your best". If you update this thread every ten days or so, I am sure more people will eventually notice your work and will eventually start posting their comments here.
yes, i understand, and well, this isn't that bad either (common sentence over here : no news, good news ! )

i will probably try some "signature request" topic, when i have free time/inspiration (i don't expect any request in this thread )

Quote:
Anyway, with regards on the whole feedback thing:

Everything fits so well in your new Higurashi sig.

The only bit of trouble would be the roughness of the japanese characters. Perhaps you could "Hide it" with an effect like you did with the Keichii one?
in fact, the "ひぐらしのく頃に" become always pretty rough when i try to shrink it >_<. as for keiichi sig, i tried to do this on the third sig, but it was screwed because of the blending with the BG.

however, i will try to smooth a bit the curves (especially the ひ and に) and maybe a better blend setup. (im just afraid that the impact of the whole text would be screwed if it's too blurry, because of the size and importance of it on the third ban, rather being a little "reference title" on the first 2 sigs)

Quote:
The one of Shana is also very nice, but I wonder how it would look if Shana's face were a little more visible.
i was in the same dilemna . the problem came mainly from the original picture, which the brightness of the face is "flaring" a lot around the center of the head, which become... plain yellow/white with blending XD.

i think it's "okay", but this is on the limit, i admit it. (i should probably use some "sharpness" around, and a little less transparency on my usual "shaded in the BG" character ^^')

i'm working on it ! (seriously ! )

EDIT : "second" version done. the eyes were sharpened, the whole transparency as been very slightly reduced and i removed a bit the blur of the right side (fillied with hair, "more natural" than plain BG i guess)

before : http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/718/banshanani3.jpg
after : http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5...nshana3xw7.jpg

Quote:
Oh yes, and before I forget...... There's a new banner contest coming up in the next few weeks here in Animesuki. If you enter it, you could show your work to a lot more people that way.

Anyway, thats just another suggestion in the end.
errr, i'll give it a try, though i hope i "will" have inspiration (seriously, i'm not that good about "randomness", since, if i have no affinity with the giving subject, it will be plain blanc XD)

anyway, thanks for your comment, again, it was really helpful and cheerful (for me anyway ^^).

Fighting Spirit ! (kinda ~~)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-10-20 at 20:08.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote