View Single Post
Old 2011-12-11, 17:37   Link #39
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, but what's the chance of that? Have to make it a big moment when they get together and just having it referenced after a time skip would be took weak.
Not necessarily, it's sort of like (but not quite the same as) Son Goku and Chichi of Dragon Ball. The point is that their relationship isn't quite as important as the fact that their union will produce a son for Flit. So having them paired off screen is just fine seeing as how the audience has already expected Flit to have a son.
Quote:
I am curious how they are going to push them together. An old relative dying is certainly possible and easy enough to do if they want. Seems like Flit has all his upgrades going into this so not like they'll need Vargas too much. But certainly they could come up with other ways to get Flit and Emily together if they wanted to.
My problem with using the death of Vargas is that it's a pretty weak reason (although I fully admit that it's still a possible reason) for Flit to start liking Emily romantically. He's already her friend, so Flit obviously cares for Emily. But if Flit doesn't care for Emily romantically, then I don't see why Vargas dieing would necessarily change that.

Now if the reverse were true, as in Flit is the one who has always liked Emily, then I can see how the death of Vargas may cause Emily to go for Flit to be comforted and for Flit to maybe take that chance to get together with her.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote