View Single Post
Old 2009-01-19, 19:57   Link #886
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
It's not only the ending, but how a series ends is actually rather important. In my opinion a good ending to a troubled show is usually preferrable to a poor ending to a good one (Claymore or Gantz, anyone? Some people would add Berserk, though I actually don't mind that one so much).

I already mentioned one additional difference, cast hijacking (almost a complete shift in focus from Shinn to Kira), but I don't really want to go into detailed spoilers for Destiny (which was also twice as long as R2). Anyways, I wasn't arguing against your opinion, only commenting about your expectations regarding the opinions of others.

To me it depends on the ending I mean the ending to Mai Hime was so horrible that it ruined the entire series simply because it negated everything that happened since the plot started. Everybad thing that someone did was rendered not important.

For me Code Geass R2's ending was much like R2 itself, a good idea horribly executed. They spend the entire series making the common Britannian look like Nazis so they can have the Anti-Hero Lelouch look good, but it ends with Britannia becoming peaceful for little reason.

I loved the endings to Turn A Gundam, and King Gainer which this series seems to be copying since Okouchi wrote all three but Okouchi forgot that Tomino had made the opposing side either likeable (King Gainer) or not even bad (Turn A Gundam), the average Britannian is not likeable, nor do their actions make any sense.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote