View Single Post
Old 2009-09-14, 12:44   Link #10
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, those captains are supposed to be pretty prominent figures in the New World (plus, the fact that some of them were named suggests to me that not all of them are fodder.....). Depending on how many of them survive this war, some of them may end up trying to either take Whitebeard's place as an emperor or will keep his spot "on hold" until they find someone worthy enough to take up the mantle (like Ace, who I'm still pretty certain will end up surviving). Like I said before, that could determine who amongst those pirates will become Luffy's friends or enemies in the future.....

By the way, I find it kinda funny that Crocodile would attack Whitebeard head-on like that. I mean, we saw in Ace's flashback that Whitebeard could easily smack around a Logia that tried to attack him off-guard, so what makes Crocoboy so confident that he can fare better than Ace or that giant VA from the previous chapter.....?
I think its pretty clear that Oda doesn't necessarily believe in cannon fodder. I doubt the New World Captains are cannon fodder (like I before). And yeah they do seem to be pretty prominent figures in the New World, in the area where Whitebeard dominates.

[Which brings me to believe that each Yonkou have the ability to summon pirates outside of their crews to their aid in battle. At first I thought it was only being Whitebeard was the Strongest Man in the World and known The King of the Seas. But if these New World Captains came from Whitebeard's domain then other Yonkou can do the same.]

Crocodile, something tells me Whitebeard was the one who gave me him that scar across his face. When he was speaking of Whitebeard in Impel Down he seemed to have a grudge.