View Single Post
Old 2011-12-19, 12:31   Link #83
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
and then we have people complaining that other people are voicing their opinions regarding a show in a forum used for discussing? atleast people voicing their opinions are contributing to the discussion instead of flat out bitching

Personally, i don't want the AGE Builder to be used to solve every problem the Diva's crew run into, i do want it to be used in a logic way, like for the AGE-1, titus and spallow parts was built because the AGE couldnt keep up with X UE mobile suits.

That's great, thats the way it should be used.
I agree, the AGE Builder shouldn't just become a pure plot device and they should try to use the concept as best they can to fit and influence the story and mechanics of Gundam AGE.

Quote:
Something screaming " HAX " is more Mardonas making a Dods rifle for the G-Exes without any explanation given at all, like episode 10 for example.
As far as I was aware it's not a Dods rifle but a beam rifle, at least that's what the schematics say. Mardona is an expert mobile suit smith, this is an established fact. He's also been stated by several characters to be the best alive right now, and he's one who was shown to be able to build something that is almost on par with the Gundam. That kind of seals the deal as to the claim that he's one of the best. For this reason I don't see why he couldn't have come up with a beam rifle knockoff design as well to pair with his masterpiece the G-Exes. Were he just some random dude that concocted this out of nowhere I might find myself agreeing with you more, but as it stands I fail to see where the Hax comes from.

Quote:
Louise being the oddball, Soma wasnt a crazy cyber newtype, she was a supersoldier though, but what i wrote was meant to be taken in a sarcastic manner, not nitpicking over small details, but, some people do anything to have a chance to complain
Please don't tell me you're trying to turn this back around on the people that are supportive and open towards the show cause if so then lol.

Quote:
But it is, look at the previous episode and the Diva, why couldnt they use the AGE builder to make one rifle for the Genoace? it has enough combat data from what the AGE-1 has seen.
I don't know, watch the show and maybe stop finding stuff to gripe about for half a second and it'll hopefully be explained. If not then by all means bitch away.

Quote:
They don't need to refit the entire army of allies they have, just make one rifle for one out of the three mobile suits they have onboard don't blow things out of porportion just because you don't agree with it.
Again my suggestion would be to watch the show and find out if they do eventually do this for the final arc or not. I'd be surprised if the Genoace doesn't get at least something to bring it up to being more on par with the Gundam, G-Exes and Gafran cause it would otherwise basically just mean sending Largan out to die. Whether it turns out to be a beam rifle or something else is what I'm more curious about.

Quote:
Seeing how well the G-Exes and the AGE-1 are performing with their Dods rifles alone should motivate the crew into somehow making the Genoace useful, Vargas for example gave it better armor, why couldn't they copy the Dods rifle built for the G-Exes?
See above, they're not even done preparing for the battle at this point keep in mind.

Quote:
Trying to defend a show you like is normal, but trying to defend one of the most obvious and stupid plotholes like this one is with inuniverse mechanics that have no proof is stupid. Its like trying to justify Mwu surviving at the end of Seed, it was a retcon by the author, nothing more, and this regarding the Genoace is just a obvious plothole or miss with the writers, or they don't care.
Wow you're just going to be a darling of a poster for the rest of this show aren't you? I don't even see how the two issues are comparable, Mwu couldn't have possibly survived that event so it was obvious bullshit and retconning at play, this is just something that hasn't been addressed yet as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately some people are so quick to jump the gun to find anything to complain about that they'll allow something that is the result of a show being in mid arc to count as a flaw in the show in their eyes. Now if you want to talk seemingly actual oversights, the one regarding Madorna seemingly just popping in out of nowhere as if no time had passed at Minsry would be a fair one.

Quote:
(parts snipped for repetitive complaining)

People defending this show like it's a virgin maiden needs to stop, of course people are going to dislike certain parts of it, but acting like it's a flawless piece of art while completely disregarding what's being said in the actual show is sad.
Again I'd direct you to see the above response I made to Revolutionist and question how anyone is doing what you claim here. As far as I can tell the only one-sided approach towards this show on this forum is coming from folks like yourself and Wingdarkness. We who are just trying to give the show a chance and enjoy ourselves here have addressed and acknowledged some issues with the show, but we've also just talked about stuff that's happened and are trying to have a productive and positive conversation with regard to the content as well cause frankly Gundam AGE is not the abomination of failed writing that some make it out to be. Some people see framing everything they discuss about a show in the form of a complaint as perfectly normal, others see it as kind of ridiculous and even kind of annoying and to be honest it just makes it look like people have some sort of agenda to bring to the table or something.

Hey though, as far as I'm concerned if the biggest complaint (or at least most repeated complaint that's actual just a nitpick in reality) that apparent haters can come up with is that the show has yet to address why the other suits haven't been shown to be upgraded yet while they're in the middle of running from the Federation, securing financial aid, building an army, fighting the UE and just generally being busy then the show must clearly be doing okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't this episode the first time the idea of using the AGE System on anything but the Gundam was introduced? Assuming I'm not mistaken on that, I wouldn't really call it a plothole to have not used the AGE System on the Genoace when the idea of doing so hadn't yet come up. It's somewhat stupid that they made no effort to make the Genoace worth putting on the battlefield (given their limited fighting force), and perhaps stupid that they hadn't thought to use the AGE System on anything but the Gundam before now, but I wouldn't call that a plothole.
Pretty much. Again "plot hole" (barring it being addressed at some point) better fits the whole Madorna just showing up at Minsry colony like he was already there, trying to label the Genoace situation a plot hole however just absolutely reeks of desperation to find fault.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote