View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 09:57   Link #1046
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Hello Giant Robot, You’re Beautiful.

Oh how i wish i could get one....with weapons!
Seems like VOTOMS, Armoured Troopers are already in production. Next would be KMFs, then AS, Aestivalis and MS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
We can already do this, the growing organs and muscles part, and in a far easier way than re-engineering one cell type into another. I don't know what the goal is at such a scale, considering that *individual* biological entities are a pain to program and keep under one programming. This is all on the microscale and cells at such a level have a tendency to rewrite their own coding at an incredibly rapid rate.

I guess we could build super organs?

But we can already do that too...
I just read a book by Michio Kaku where he talks about how technology may develop in the next 100 years.

Medical technology in the future will involve nanomachines in the human body, which will maintain your health by directly controlling the chemical reactions and cell growth and repair in your body. Disease causing bacteria, viruses and even cancer cells are quickly destroyed by nanomachines aiding your immune system.

Doctors in the future will not be working directly with patients any more, instead they will regularly monitor their patients with data from their nanomachines through wireless network databases. And even so, nanomachines will be doing such a good job maintaining the patients that they hardly need to cure diseases. The word 'tumor' will even be a word of the past.

Surgeons will only need to perform operations when there is major trauma, where they will retrieve stem cells from the patients own stem cell account, or even entire pre-grown organs and other body parts to immediately replace them.

And also genetic engineering would be commonplace and the genes responsible for aging would have been unraveled. Each individual can choose to halt their own aging processes at the age they want to, people can maintain youth for as long as they want. And since Michio Kaku is only talking about the next hundred years, the characters he described do not know when they will die because none of the people who has halted their aging has died yet. These so called first batch of guinea pigs for immortality would live for a much longer time and look young till they die.

Couples who want to have a child no longer need to let the mother suffer for nine months, babies can be chosen to grow in 'test tubes' and even have their genes chosen between the parents' genes. Harmful and mutated genes can be picked out ensuring the health of the baby, you can choose to let your baby have the best genes of each parent. Parents can also choose to see how their baby would look like before they are born or keep it a surprise.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2012-07-28 at 10:36.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote