View Single Post
Old 2012-10-23, 13:06   Link #72
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
It should be noted that to my knowledge he never opened the dictionary in the vanilla game, no matter how much Haruka tried to make him.

See my post above, Masato seemed to be still playing the fool during that scene. I guess it's a matter of different impressions. Though I have to ask - did they animate Kengo wearing the school uniform? That was a funny part, especially when it carried over to the battle rankings; nice detail.
Yea, I was too lazy to look it up. I just remember him being suspicious and knowing something was up and that it made for good comedy. Guess I have to look it up now if you go as far to say he didn't open it. Ok, so he opens it enough to get a peak and freak out with a, "patan!" as he closes when Haruka comes back so that happens at least. Beforehand, he knows it's dangerous as it's in vinyl and been in Masato's desk mixed with food. So he knows it's not a good idea to lend it to her but does so anyway. I guess the anime didn't want to show him as a prankster but wanted to keep Haruka's introduction...

TBH I don't remember these scenes from the VN down to the last detail. I just remember the feelings and generally what happened. I got the feeling that the fight was more of a neccessary thing in order to subdue Masato in the VN. In the anime the whole thing just seemed silly in an uncool and lame way.