Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-19, 19:24   Link #1652
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There was a table top miniatures game published in the late 1990s called "Star Blazers Fleet Battle System" put out by Voyager Entertainment and Musashi Enterprises. It covers the first two seasons of the TV series and the first four movies (Yamato series 1 and 2, Space Battleship Yamato, Farewell to Space Battlehship Yamato, Yamato: The New Voyage, and Be Forever, Yamato). I've adapted some of the ships to fit their Yamato 2199 counterparts as best that I can with the limited amounts of information I can find.

The battle report for the recent game:

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

What would be handy would be if these Japanese names for the various warships had an English equivalant or meaning that made them less awkward to say or spell. I know the Star Blazers game has ship class names that either came from someplace or were made up, but I also know they renamed a bunch of ships in Yamato 2199 that had no real names. Okita's flagship only had her hull number prior to Yamato 2199 as far as I know. Schultz ship was just that or sometimes abbreviated as "S-type".

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-02-20 at 02:38.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote