View Single Post
Old 2013-04-23, 21:29   Link #1223
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ No problem. And although Whitebeard was labelled as the "strongest", his performance at the war leads that title of his into question. There were points where the admirals were besting him in combat, after all. I think the world perceived Whitebeard as the strongest because he was the only known individual to have actually tied Roger in a fight, and was uncontested for that title ever since Roger's death. Not everyone actually challenged Whitebeard; and therefore, as you suggest, there may have been some individuals more powerful unbeknownst to us. Whitebeard in his prime is one thing, which is where his reputation of strongest stems from. But the old sick Whitebeard that we actually saw in action may not have been the strongest.
I disagree, if anything the old whitebeard showed exactly why he is the strongest. We have to consider the fact that Whitebeard was already stabbed by Squardo before he started engaging the heavy hitters and he was never in direct one to one fight with the admirals.

In the end, he was able to take out Akainu and still have energy to take on Blackbeard. This to me shows tremendous strength beyond any character we have seen in the series. Taking the fact of his old age and deteriorating health, he must have been that much stronger in his prime.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote