View Single Post
Old 2013-01-07, 15:36   Link #31571
qno2

Ah, nice to know why "Yasu" as a name caused to much laughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Anyway, a common point of view in this community is that Yasu presents herself as the culprit through the stories, but isn't really the culprit.
Just noticed something interesting in that regard and it reminded me of that imageboard (seacats.com or something) where dozens of Rosatrice followers fell without Shkanon followers even saying anything. Specifically, it reminds me of a certain little monologue:

Spoiler for Monologue of a former Rosatrice follower:

If we look at Bern's game it's quite amusing how

■ Outside of spoken statements, there are no lies in the narration.

The complete opposite from Beato's games, where the narration is clearly lying to us (too). Now consider these three rules Bern had in her little game:

■ It is possible for a culprit to lie.
■ It is possible for a culprit to lie even before committing murder.
■ Characters who are not culprits only speak the truth.

So... who is the narration, who speaks to us then? If anything, the author. I propose that the author him-/herself is the culprit and thus allowed to lie to us, though he/she might've not been a culprit YET.

Guess you could draw one of two conclusions from this:

a) Either, both Yasu and Tohya might've done something in Prime. They are culprits and can lie. If you don't have an issue with assuming Yasu did something, it might connect Bern's game a bit more with the overall story. Or, if EP1 and EP2 were written after 1986, based upon Yasu's original scripts from before 1986, maybe just Tohya.
b) Might just refer to the self-insert of the author being the culprit in the stories, though this could then only refer to the "original author", since Tohya was the Detective for four episodes. Even though his role changed a tad in EP5 and EP6, sure.

Not saying that this means anything really. It's just a nice little coincidence I suppose.

Well then, Ryukishi. What did you do? Since you are the biggest liar through which the lesser liar Yasu lies to us?

Last edited by qno2; 2013-01-07 at 16:31.
qno2 is offline   Reply With Quote