Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-03, 03:59   Link #845
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Was replying to Ledgem's hypothetical question with the examples he set, as I said, it's a slight detour from the actual example you guys were using.
'how would I feel if let's say France came in to kill Blair" - in relation to the technology and security measures we have as countries at present, how people over here felt about the leader at the time, the current political system we have and how possible is it for a foriegn country of a similar system to completely override it. (As opposed to removing a dictator, seeing the power fall and establishing something new).
If Bush went, I'd not have lost any sleep over it, but I wasn't thinking in terms of an invasion, rather it was a discussion I was having with some Americans when that incident was reported and I said 'If Bush goes, who takes over and would that be better?'
If someone in Iraq said 'I wanna kill Blair', I can't say I'd blame them. We already got dragged in, London got hit, we lost lives as a result of something the country wasn't supporting, hell some of his own cabinet members quit over Iraq. We get the terrorism act, we become the most CCTV'ed city in the world, we become the country with one of the largest DNA databases in the world - that's just to name a few, there's no love lost, let's say, you perhaps feel different with your own leaders.

As for a condition, I haven't set one. If we were to take an example of a country with a different set of political structure (let's say China) who tried to attack US or UK, I just call that WW3. The fight wouldn't remain in one country as it did Iraq.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia