View Single Post
Old 2006-01-01, 16:37   Link #12
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Write original stuff please. Fanfiction is so amateur. And fanfiction communities are so rabid that they hardly even respect original work.
Demongod86, you know, you kinda sound like one of those fanfiction flamers. No offence but you do. The reason I hate the flamers is that because some of them tend to have fun belittling other people's work for fun and don't care whether it is good or not.

If its bad, it's better to say nothing about it and be nice not to say anything negative. But this is Earth, so it's not full of good and selfless people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Chalupa
Really... As I said in another thread, you still have a right to disagree with others but you can't go out and call them "amateurs" and say that their work is "rabid." Yeah I won't mind if people hate my work but like any other normal person I'd get angry if people started calling me names.
FC, I have the same feeling as you do. If a person or a few numbers of people don't like my work and flames me to change it to suit them, I'd tell them go look for other people's work. But if you have a lot of people not saying anything, whether they want to say something negative or doesn't have a will to say anything, you have a problem.

Fan fiction is like a practise for some fan fiction writers who wants to be a writer. If you still want to call us, the writers, a bunch of amateurs, fine, call us amateurs because we are. However, that does not mean that we do not get any better. Every chapter we write, every story we write is a progress for us.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote