View Single Post
Old 2006-01-13, 09:58   Link #21
bigdude

OK, in the FAQ it states:

Q: The video file I want to encode has AC3 audio, which BeSweet chokes on
The bad news is that my scripts don't have any support for AC3 audio at the moment. The good news is that AC3 audio is already DVD ready: just extract it with the proper tool (like "MKVExtractGUI" for MKV files) and together with the M2V file you should be able to author it straight to a DVD without futher encoding.

However in the previous questions you state:

Q: I get "FATAL ERROR: MP2 not file found after encoding!" message during encode
A: This usually means that for some reason BeSweet didn't run (or choked on the audio file). Probably the best thing to do in this case is to use VirtualDub to extract the audio as a WAV file from the AVI file. To so, open the source video in VirtualDub and then:
Select "Full processing mode" from the Audio menu.
Select "Compression" from the Audio menu, and select "No compression".
Select "Save WAV file" from the File menu. Save it with the exact same name as the source video (but with .wav extension) in the same folder as the source video.
Run the batch file again. BeSweet should now encode succesfully from the WAV file.

My question is, if you have a AC3 audio file, can you run the audio extraction as described above to to get around that issue?
bigdude is offline   Reply With Quote