View Single Post
Old 2009-06-10, 23:33   Link #1190
Knicknevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Why are we blaming Eva for ep3? Because we've been told to? Come on, let's not be dupes here: at most, Eva killed Rosa, Maria, Krauss and Natsuhi, and most likely did shoot Battler! And Rosa could've been an accident or even self-defense. Maria could've been killed out of desperation. Krauss and Natsuhi could've gotten suspicious, or Eva could've become paranoid. And Eva was clearly not well when Battler confronted her and got shot.

But all those other deaths? Not Eva. First Twilight doesn't match "her" MO anyway, and she has no reason to even start killing until she finds the gold. That's six deaths she almost certainly didn't do. She wouldn't kill Hideyoshi and George under any circumstances. That's two more. Kyrie and Rudolf probably got into a gunfight with Hideyoshi over his covering for her. Two more. Nanjo can't have been killed by her. And why would she kill Jessica? She didn't even know where she was. The vast majority of the deaths in ep3 weren't Eva, and we don't know if her actions were justifiable (she was having nightmares and may have believed herself to be actually responsible, meaning she might take credit for things she didn't do)
Alright, I can see where you're coming from. That raises the question of who WAS behind the first twilight though. It was stated in red that Jessica wasn't a murderer. Maria is likely to be working with the person taking the name 'Beatrice' but she isn't capable of that alone. Given the similar MOs in the first three games' first twilights (the symbols on the doors, the locked rooms etc), I have trouble believing that anyone who has died in the first twilight, of the first 3 games at least, can be one of its planners. But all 3 seem like they were carried out by the same person. But who knows, they ARE pretty crazy on that island...

Spoiler for Ep3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Kinzo met Beatrice after the war (1945+)
Captain kawabata started shipping goods to the kuwadorian around the year 1948
The Ronkkejima Mansion's construction ended in the year 1952
The Ushiromiya's family moved from Odawara to Rokkenjima in the year 1956
A young Beatrice died in 1967, around the same year Kawabata was told it wasn't any longer necessary for him to go to the kuwadorian.
Okay, I was mistaken about the year of the young Beato's death, didn't go back to check that. Need to go back and make a new set of saves... Well, if it was a year later, there's no chance of the Jessica being the second Beatrice's daughter. Still, I've been leaning more toward the idea Jessica may actually be Asumu's daughter. Regardless of when she was brought into Krauss' family, her appearance may still have caught Kinzo's attention.
Spoiler for Ep4 Beatrice:
Knicknevin is offline   Reply With Quote