Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-25, 03:34   Link #543
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Well to be fair I am not saying Arata & Chihaya are not connected by Karuta & their friendship but in that scene I felt there was actually a brief distance in thought which is why I found it ironic to talk about the deep connection they have specifically after this episode.

I do think they have an important connection but I interpreted that scene very differently. Even Chihaya kind of briefly reacted to it and then had to say but I care about winning the individual competition too.
I don't really think we're in complete disagreement (yes, I did understand the individual play vs team play is hinted to be played out in the future), only that I don't really consider their conflicting views to increase the distance in the connection between the two of them.
I think it'd be better to just say that their connection is unique between the two of them, because I personally can't see Chihaya being able to strike up a karuta conversation with any of her team mates in the middle of the night without them feeling frustrated with her, regardless of their differing approaches.

Anyway, yet another unbearably long and slow week to pass by until the next episode...
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote