View Single Post
Old 2007-11-28, 21:23   Link #55
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
I see a lot of people ragging on KOTOR II. Sure, it had it's flaws, including a VERY rushed final act. However, KOTOR II also had some of the best writing in a VG to date from the guy who wrote Planescape Torment. Kreia, alone, was worth the price of admission. To me, it's not as much a disappointment as it is a victim of rushed production schedules. That is to say, the core game and writing are every bit as good as the original. It's just the polish that was bolloxed.
I wasn't ragging on it that much, as i said, I really liked it, but it was rushed and a lot of storyline elements were just left hanging. That really bugged me. I was impressed by the amount of control you had over your NPC allies' actions during combat, though. In KOTOR I they would use Force powers without your telling them too, and in tough battles when I wanted to conserve energy, it was annoying. KOTOR II did have good refinement in the combat system, but the game sometimes got buggy. Lightsaber customization, items, character development/customization were just as good as the original or better, if you bothered to go through the hours of conversation choices. I did like how what you said and did (e.g. dark side/light side choices) actually had an impact on your relationships with other characters.

I didn't mean to sound so critical, but I felt the game did have some major issues that I hope are addressed in KOTOR III. Which I cant wait for, I might mention!