View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 22:08   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
What a freaking disaster. I had a feeling things wouldn't go smoothly in this episode, but didn't expect it all to go bad at once.

Let's face it the episode just sucked for all of Mashiro, Aoyama, and Sorata. Just in different ways. Aoyama had a terrible episode because she finally just broke down. Not her fault, just finally she couldn't take it. Just crying silently in class, then going outside and finally losing it. Everything just came out as she was left feeling like it was all meaningless. Can only imagine the agony of giving everything for all that time and failing.

Not great for Sorata either. Fails in the end against a similar game type. Sadly his game is more interesting but the other one is a safer bet. The money became the deciding factor and his game could bomb if it wasn't perfect. Boom or bust, with the boom being a higher ceiling likely than what he lost to. Then throw some salt in the wounds with the letter to Mashiro. I wasn't surprised with how he reacted, I was just grimacing when it happened. Cause you knew he couldn't hide his reaction to something like that so suddenly. He feels bad, but is already at a low that he can't react quickly to it.

Mashiro wasn't shot down in the same way, but she was still hurt. Feeling responsible for this situation, failing to save Sakurasou through the petitions, seeing Sorata and Aoyama in the rain, and then Sorata's words at the end. A series of small things that build up into a pretty painful result. Seeing the only way to make things better being for her to leave.

Just sucks for sure. Failure hurts and it just sucks to see how this all happened to them. I don't want to see any of these characters hurting, but there you have it.