View Single Post
Old 2010-05-27, 02:18   Link #96
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isagrimorie View Post
Update! It is *so* good to have Evangeline back and the way she tries to give Setsuna advice in her own Evangeline way.

Hee. Asuna and Evangeline bonding on how dumb Setsuna and Konoka are and then for Evangeline to have the last word? ::hearts::
Not only was Evangeline fun to write, but when I thought about who could actually be the kind of inconsiderately blunt personality capable to rubbing Setsuna's face in her failings to try and turn her around, Evangeline was the only one I could think of .

I had mentioned to RB before, but I actually tweaked that scene from where it ended up going just to let Evangeline have that line at the end . It was just too Evangeline to cut out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post
Setsuna, I'd have to say that you have more to feel stupid about than your little kite. And did you know that giggling maniacally with blood in your mouth is one of the sure signs that you're going slightly nuts? ...Which, as it so happens, is kind of enjoyable, especially since it happened around one of the few people who wouldn't address the insanity of it all directly.

Come to think of it, I believe that part of the reason Konoka's idiocy is more bothersome than Setsuna's is that it's kinda expected for Setsuna to act like an idiot about certain things, and her demon heritage and Konoka are at the top of the list. It's unfair, but it just feels like Konoka is supposed to be the more sensible of the two.

Hm. I'm curious now. Do Setsuna's issues with showers have anything to do with the, ah, psycho bitch? Probably completely off the mark, but I just couldn't help asking.

Absolutely loved this, and am desperate for more.
LOL, yeah, Setsuna isn't really walking around with a full deck of cards lately . Part of why I had them go to Mahora to have the lengthy Koyane Ward exposition was so that I could have Setsuna encounter Evangeline in this moment of stupidity .

Ah, that's an interesting way to look at it! I guess Konoka does, despite her ditzy depiction in the manga, seem to be more sensible (in terms of "who cares about that? *GLOMPS Set-chan anyways*), but here I have her be more restrained. It might be a tad out of character, but I'm trying to consider some of the backstory elements that I haven't fully revealed yet that have changed Konoka, as well as the obvious marriage to Kyo thing. I'll keep an eye on how I write Konoka, thanks for pointing that out!

Spoiler for only read this if you actually want to possibly be spoiled for later on:

Hopefully I can get the next chapter out quickly, but I've got an upcoming midterm...(but then again, exam pressure seems to get me churning out more chapters... )