View Single Post
Old 2006-05-05, 00:42   Link #25
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Gochisousama / Thanks for the meal (Ep. 05)

Note: although the anime showed Keiichi returning the bento box back to Shion, this TIP shows what actually happened in the game instead.
Also note that at this point of the game, Keiichi still thinks that "Shion" was only a Mion in disguise (timeline wise, this TIP was received directly after the scene where Keiichi received the bento box from "Shion").
=======================================
Keiichi: "Oi, Mion. Here."
Mion: "Wa, w, what is it, Keichan...!?"
I push out the bento box, which I received yesterday as a treat, in front of Mion's face.

Keiichi: "It's the bento box that I got yesterday as a treat. Thanks for the meal. It tasted great."
Mion: *blush* "...fue, ...........ah, ......,"
...Mion's face went "pa------" and turned slightly red.

......Oi oi, the one who brought me the bento was supposed to be Shion, remember...?
It makes no sense for you to turn red while you're in Mion mode, you know....

At this rate, there's a good chance she's going to dig her own grave and self-explode, so for the time being, I'll do a follow-up.

Keiichi: "Yeah. I was hungry yesterday, you see. And Shion came all the way out to my house and brought a bento treat for me. Well, this is that bento box. I washed it properly!"
Mion: "Ah, ......Ahaha, I, I see! Shion sure is thoughtful~!"

What a transparent reaction.
... Was Mion actually this much of a lousy liar?
... But in a way, these expressions which are totally different from her usual self,
... looked unbelievable and cute to me.

Mion: "Well, h, how was it?"
Keiichi: "...I think she was like a perfect copy of Mion. Since you guys are twins, right? It's obvious that you guys would be alike."
Mion: "Um, ......Th......that's not it... Umm......"
Mion looks like she's waiting for an answer to something with a dazed expression.
... Maybe when she asked "how was it?", she didn't mean about Shion's looks, but about the bento's quality instead...?

Keiichi: "Ahh, of course! It was delicious."
Mion: "...Eh, ......Ah, ...Really?"
Keiichi: "I don't tell lies when it comes to comments about foods. If I say it was delicious, then it's delicious no matter who eats it! It was good enough for me to recommend it to tens of thousands of other peoples. Tell Shion that it was actually delicious for me."
Mion: "Ah, ......Y, yeah! To Shion, right! I'll tell her! I think she'll be happy for sure...! Ahahahahahaha...!"

Even though this would mean that I got the bento from Shion instead of Mion. Mion really... laughed as if she's glad from the bottom of her heart.

... I guess Mion is also capable of laughing in a way that makes others feel good too just by looking at her. Although the sarcasm was about roll off my tongue, I swallowed them back down as they are.

Mion was putting the bento box into her school bag when she noticed the clanking sounds coming from inside.

Mion: "......Keichan, there's something inside? Eh? *blush* ............................Waa......"
Geh, ...this dummy, she opened it up right on the spot...!
Since the contents are a little embarassing for me, I didn't want her to open it up here.
I hurriedly tried to cover them with my hands!

Keiichi: "Umm... Umm! This is you know, my mom told me to put something in as a sign of appreciation! It's not really my idea or anything, see! So don't get the wrong idea!!"
Mion: "......So pretty.... Candies...."

Inside the sparkling clean bento box is a handful of candies wrapped in pretty looking wrappers.

...Basically, while I was washing the bento box at the sink yesterday, I got "interrogated" by the mom, and was forced to tell her who the treat was from.

And then mom stated that these kind of things have to be returned with something placed inside as a sign of gratitude. ...I resisted by saying that it's embarassing, and that it's not my style, but....

Keiichi: "......A, ...nd that's why. Well, you know, ...uu......."
I'm embarassed to a point that flames could be coming out of my face.
... It might have been better if an usual Mion would just laugh this all off, but ... for some reason, Mion is staring at the candies inside the bento box with a mesmerized look on her face.

Mion: "......Ah, ...Thank you."
Keiichi: "D, don't tell it to me. Tell it to my mom, she's the one who put them in! B-b, besides, there's no need for Mion to say thanks, right?! Because those are for Shion, remember?!"
Mion: "............Ah, ...yeah. That's right, isn't it.... Yeah. I'll let Shion know! I think Shion will be happy too."
While looking slightly disheartened, Mion closes the bento box's lid. ...It looks like I ended up saying something a little mean after all.

*bell rings*

Rena: "Miichan feels kind of bubbly today, don't you think? Did something good happen to her, I wonder. I wonder!"
Satoko: "...Perhaps she has caught a cold or something? Her red face must be due to a slight fever. .........uh, Rika, why are you petting my head?"
Rika: "......Satoko too, will definitely become able to catch colds herself one day."

...Pat pat.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-08 at 13:03.