View Single Post
Old 2010-10-29, 00:19   Link #104
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

I remember when Endless eight was airing and I was lurking these boards; I don't think these 20 minutes of repeated attempts could ever be compared to the utter despair that 2-month-long experiment created. It was quite hilarious back then.

Now some are saying that it was unneccessary for a whole, but after I thought about it, I think this is a pretty decent.
One reason is simple; the last three episodes have been going at a fast pace and hasn't slowed down since. It's a break between now and the next capture.
Second reason is, we finally get a chance to look at Keima for a second. Many MCs in a harem-styled show (I know, it's not full harem, but there's lotsa girls) barely get any time for themselves, since they're essentially supposed to be self-inserts; they have no character to show us. Keima is no self-insert. He's a person all his own. I think he deserves at least ONE episode devoted to him.
I understand why it's so divisive; it doesn't move the plot along, yes. But we should at least get a moment to figure out the star of the show.

I dunno, I liked it. That dodgeball scene just kept me rolling everytime.