View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 10:28   Link #83
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's almost strangely fitting that the most rational and in-control character in the entire series aside from the parents would sum up the entire problem with Kirino, and the show itself in particular, in one straight-faced yet passionate monologue.

Too many questions, not enough answers.

This was a perfect time for reality to finally bite Kirino in the ass and give her some perspective on her actions and intentions, which makes it suck that Kyousuke had to bail her out once again. On the other hand, it gave Kuroneko the perfect opportunity to sum everything up which I really, really hope would finally get tackled with the final life counseling event, which I assume is the final arc of the show. Kirino really needs to get jacked down from her high horse and made to see life and reality from the eyes of others. I was thinking that I should have been offended that things are going her way given the way she acts but hey, c'est la vie.

I do really hope that Kyousuke takes to heart what she said in the meeting to make him think just why he really does what he does, and to ask himself why Kirino is the way she is. If this episode succeeded in anything more than annoying me with Kirino and Kyousuke, it's that it verbalized most of everything I've been asking myself when this show started. Kuroneko was probably the first one to actively wonder why in the hell Kirino is the way she is, and maybe now Kyousuke will be forced to ask the same questions himself. As the representative extension of the viewer, Kyousuke's participation in the matter will hopefully allow us to learn and understand the way Kirino's mind works.

Returning to Kyousuke... my respect and sympathies for him almost became outright pity and "WTF dude!". The ultimate shame of grovelling and begging on her sisters behalf is something I'd expect one to do only in the most extreme and most life-threatening of cases short of killing and suicide. He's racking up the karma points for ridiculous ways and ridiculous reasons, and he'd better cash in the chips when the time comes. I'd be completely pissed if he doesn't.

Also slightly off-topic, but the amount of spoiler tagged LN posts in this thread just to even clarify most of anything in this show at this point only further reinforces my belief that the show is failing at bridging the gap between reader and viewer, again putting anime-only viewers at a disadvantage that makes discussions on the show pretty one sided when someone can just come out and whip out an LN spoiler to reinforce their point. One of the reasons I don't really feel like talking about the show sometimes anymore if I'm just going to feel like I'm posting things in ignorance.