View Single Post
Old 2009-06-11, 10:20   Link #14
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Well...I never met someone in Germany who is against Anime or Manga. It's getting popular here and conventions seem to be everywhere. Also the TV reports about it. Not in a negative way..more like "we don't really gathered info" many book publishing houses do "Manga"-drawing competitions and release Manga. Most people in my class now all at least three anime (not mentioning me, and a few other friends *cough*) And I'm actually liked by a few because of my "drawing skill" (non existent^^). Most of our teachers heard of it to..and my favorite art teacher actually bought an art book to the lessons for references and such.
So I think in Germany it's not a taboo but..hm~ at least were I come from

Oh and they sell ANime and MAnga in normal book shops, every genre is represented, not only stuff like Action and generic Shonen for example Gore, Yaoi, ecchi and a few that can be more or less labeled as Ero (but all those are so high stoked in the shelves that someone who isn't a giant will be never able to buy Black Lagoon T.T) And in normal electric shops they sell Anime as well.
So were I come from it's not a taboo at all

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-06-11 at 12:11.
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote