View Single Post
Old 2012-06-14, 11:17   Link #9466
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I'm not making any assumptions that's entire core of my arguement. There's several ways this could have gone. Kumagawa finding out about the council coming (only would have occurred due to incompetance), Kumagawa staying around the base at that point in time rather than doing something else. Kumagawa being left behind, Kumagawa being too far away for the student to see yet reached the council in time to prevent them from losing.

There's several ways each of these events could have have gone the only way for the this specific event to occur was that they all went one or at most one and other way.

Yor assuming the Jokers just willing stayed in captivity for whatever period of time, when it's pretty obvious they could have left or done whatever they wanted at any period of time. There could be a reason they stayed behind but there's also a reason why they would not want to.
So you think just because there's some undefined vastly unlikely "possibility" for the Jokers/Kumagawa to have decided "hey, rather than waiting for Zenkichi's group which I know is arriving to attempt to save Medaka, I'm gonna decide to go home instead", it's a "coincidence" now that he decided to stay and watch over them? You can't actually apply "coincidence" to people's decisions and motivations, y'know. That's the fucking basis of the whole "free will" concept, isn't it?

The Jokers decided to leave Kumagawa there. Kumagawa decided to watch over the battle, and then interfere and save Mukae. That's not fucking coincidence, that's "plot" and "characterization". You can stop your baseless arguing now.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote