View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 05:43   Link #340
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

No it really doesn't. At the time her fight with Sasori impressed most people even many of those who can't stand the character, her downfall (or to be more precise the return to her pathetic status quo) is due to the fact that it was a one time thing after which she was never given anything but feeble lines and being all around useless to anybody.
Shikamaru however has been given more fighting scenes than any other character save from the the main ones and continuous positive exposition in all his regular appearance. Let's put this simply do you actually believe we would be talking about Shikamaru right now if he hadn't had all his fighting scenes in part 2 and only talked to Naruto for 2 panels in this scene you mention? Of course not. But while fighting scenes are the backbones of the characters, those little scenes (and this one is clearly not the most important of all for Shika) are fleshing them out. Taken individually they don't matter much but as a whole they are very important for his characterization but (and this is the point I'm coming across since the beginning) the author won't bother with them much unless fight scenes, spotlight, etc.

And this is a side note but guilt trip Naruto? What are you talking about? She didn't guilt trip Naruto, she guilt tripped herself after believing Sai (Sai! I mean what the hell?) when he told her Naruto was running after Sasuke because of her. That was one the worst written and more cringe worthy scene in the entire story and Naruto somehow managed to make it worse when he fainted over thinking about Sasuke too much (something I have seen people blame Sakura as well probably because she's such an easy target) but guilt trip? Explain.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote