View Single Post
Old 2006-07-05, 01:34   Link #31
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
She's a very motivated girl. KC requoted for great truth, especially the episode ordering.

Tastes differ about her voice - "little girl" voicing is considered attractive by many in Japan, though she was, purposely I think, engaging in some hyperbolic satire. - I don't find the voice annoying so much as just humorous.
However, I have to believe she was in total "put on" mode. She ran circles around the two comedian hosts (I've seen American VAs do the same voice games in interviews ... like Jesse Harnell, Billy West, and the like).
Yeah, Billy West rocks. I actually deliberately try to inspire mass confusion in those around me for fun, by speaking in a very dry and monotone dialect and then switching to a hyper-active dialect usually in the middle of a discussion, all the while relating back to incredibly obscure facts that nobody but myself really cares about. Very few people know what my real voice sounds like because of all this.

You may have seen me do it here by drawing absurd comparisons that on the surface have no relation to the subject at hand but if you understand my personality, have everything to do with the subject at hand. In fact I'm doing it right now

Ok, I'm going to be seriously now, I honestly have to say I can't stand most female Japanese singers, there's just something about there voices that annoys the crap out of me. I like male Japanese singers for the most part though. The exception are some of the major players of the 80's including MIO (Time For L-Gaim, Dunbine Tobu, Various Xabungle Songs, Bismarck and Rie Fujiwara (Dancougar Stuff). Also I like Maaya Sakamoto (Escaflowne among other things) and Rica Matsumoto (Stuff) as well, I think it might be the fact that they have slightly deeper voices than most female Japanese singers. Once the pitch reaches a certain level I pretty much write off the song.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-07-05 at 01:48.