View Single Post
Old 2012-05-01, 08:44   Link #100
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm with Haak on Tokiomi.

Tokiomi is admittedly not very quick on the uptake, but at the same time, he had very little reason to suspect that Kirei would do this to him.

In Tokiomi's eyes, Kirei was simply flawlessly professional, and totally serious (like Tokiomi himself tends to be). Though rare, there are people like that in the world, who pride themselves on tight emotional control at all times. They're very "buttoned down", so to speak, and perpetually businesslike.

It's certainly fair to say that Tokiomi is a bit naive, but I don't think he was downright stupid. However, in a Holy Grail war with this caliber of competition, naivety alone will get you killed.

While it's good to see the competition narrow down a bit with this episode and the last, it has left me wondering about what could have been. Tokiomi vs. Kayneth could have been interesting to watch, and it's obviously never going to happen now. But I guess this sort of thing is hard to avoid in a seven-way War like this one.

I was impressed with just how very neat and tidy this episode was - How seamlessly it sets up lots of things in Fate/Stay Night, particularly Rin's situation.

Not a terribly entertaining episode, but a very interesting one.

8/10