View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 23:08   Link #28
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm close to taking down my backlog for Little Busters!

For some time, Under-the-Sunlight Midori wanted to be as real as Under-the-Parasol Mio, and is planning to eliminate the traces of Mio's memories from the only person with those intact, and that is Riki himself. Although Midori manages to sow a seed of doubt in Riki's heart, Kyousuke manages to talk him into avoiding that doubt from clouding his memories of Mio.

Meanwhile, Mio is already prepared to leave this world, but through Riki's intervention, she was brought back into this world, and Midori chose to disappear in her stead.

Like I speculated earlier, Midori is a product of Mio's escapism of sorts, using her colorful imagination to create a friend that will accompany her through life. However, she is forced to abandon her as reality dictates that Midori should not exist. At that point, Midori became so real to Mio that losing her was like losing a part of her, which in this case, is her shadow. And because Midori also is dependent on Mio to exist, she became just as incomplete as her, and she eventually longed to be complete.

To me, the Mio Arc was a better one than Komari's, particularly because hers had a weak motivation.

By the way, is Mio's decision to off herself by jumping into the sea a realistic decision or she actually knew something about the "Secret of the World"?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.