View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 19:19   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitanuva View Post
I love Nodame! She's so wild and she kinda looks like Yuna from FF10! Her seiyuu really makes the character
Tries to imagine Nodame in a kimono saying "I'm so sorry" a hundred times a day.

Nope, doesn't work for me, but I'm glad you're enjoying the show! (I'm actually a pretty big fan of Yuna's, at least her FFX version. The gun-toting hot-pants version of her in FF X-2 was an abomination.)

I thought Kawasumi Ayako and Seki Tomokazu had great chemistry together throughout the show. I wondered if they performed in the studio together while recording. I also liked Tamaki Hiroshi as Chiaki in the live-action version, though my daughter thought he wasn't really handsome enough to play the role. However Ueno Juri as Nodame grated on me by the time the second movie (the equivalent of the "Finale" anime sequel) rolled around. Japanese live-action performers do a lot of "mugging" as compared to the more naturalistic style used in the West. I thought Ueno was cute and appropriate during the live-action version of the first season, but she got tiresome when it came to the movies.

(I recommend watching the live-action version if only to see Ogawa Shinji's performance as Stresemann. It's priceless!)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote